Friday, July 10, 2009

judgmental?

I've come to the conclusion that I am judgmental...re. many things. I've judged the men who don't live up to their marriage vows and women who chase married men very harshly. I think, perhaps I'd not be so outspoken regarding those life choices if we weren't bombarded by the media with details that aren't any of our business. But we are, and I am.
I chose to avoid details of memorial services of Michael Jackson and Steve McNair but I did read the eulogy given by his pastor at McNair's service. He said several times...let those without sin cast the first stones. That's what Jesus said in regard to the woman taken in adultery who was going to be stoned by her "judges."
Those words hit home with me. I am going to promise to try and not judge others. I'm not God and it isn't my place to comment on other's choices and behaviors. I do believe in consequences and unfortunate choices oftimes lead to unfortunate consequences.
The trouble with bad choices is that innocent people, children and spouses, are hurt and that is sad.
As for me....I'll try to remember the words..."let him without sin cast the first stone."

A recent nonjudgmental moment. I was gassing up my car and who should I see at the next pump....Bishop Choby...bishop of Nashville. He was pumping gas, too. Naturally, I asked him what he was doing in my neck of the woods. He'd returned from a minivacation with family and had been picked up at the airport by a friend. I told him I was from St. Stephen and he asked if we (the congregation) were happy with Father Pat Kibby returning to St. S. Naturally, I said Yes and hoped that Father Steve Wolf, our departing priest would be happy at St. Henry. He said, Father Steve seemed to be happy and Father Pat seemed to be happy and that made him happy. So, we said "goodby" and he shook my hand. He headed off to Nashville..I headed home to tell Al of my meeting with the Bishop.

One last comment...good for our Anton. Sorry your team lost, honey, but you certainly showed your stuff, didn't you? Next year all the teams will be wanting you...maybe there will be a bidding war for your services..Just kidding. Good job, Anton. Grandpa and I are proud of you.

That's all, folks.

No comments: