Every day you should learn something new or try something new. I'm pretty much into the learn something new category as I'm not a very adventureous person. So, here goes some new and interesting things I've learned recently.
First I learned that siblings treat their friends much nicer (read kinder and more courteously) than they do their brothers or sisters. Why? Because if you aren't nice to your friends...they won't associate with you anymore. Bs and Ss are stuck with each other till they all leave the nest. Also...along these lines....Siblings fight about 10 minutes out of every hour. The tv doctor didn't say how this was related to gender relationships...that is brother on brother or brother and sister. . etc. He said how well adults got along with siblings as children predicts how close their relationships would be as adults. Hmmmm.
Then I learned that there are companies who are dealing with internet addictions. This is not just in this country, but also worldwide. If a person is on the internet 8 hours a day....they may have a problem. I don't know how this relates to persons who do their jobs via computer. The rule may not apply then. Also in China..some internet addictees have been treated with shock therapy! I do know that people convicted of internet fraud..hacking, identity theft, etc...as part of their sentences are not permitted to use computers for a period of time.
Then I learned that Medicare will not pay for pap tests if the woman hasn't had any problems in t two years. This is for patients 65. I found this out when I visited my doctor for my annual gynie this past week. I said I'll pay for it. I'm sure I'll get a big bill for this. This seems a little counterproductive. Isn't the function of these tests to find a problem while it is small? The reason I said, "Do it, anyway." is because I have a friend just diagnosed with uterine cancer because they found it on a pap test.
My doctor is very nervous about the talk about health care reform. I tell her we know what she thinks about socialized medicine...she's from Canada. If she could make any money there, she'd still be there. I don't think that we really know what the proposals are..many voices heard and I'm not sure that all of them know what they are talking about. Well, on that, we shall see what we shall see.
Lastly...if you are one of those fortunate people who don't get bitten by mosquitos...it may be that you secrete a hormone that bugs don't like. It seems scientists are trying to identify and manufacture this hormone for the mass market. It isn't going to be otc for a couple of years. I don't know why they tell us this stuff so far ahead of the game.
And that's all I have recently learned. Till next time.....
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment