Having just read Carla's blog of a few days ago....what a day! I had to reply. And we thought it was all going to be cookies and milk being a mom. I think that moms with only one kid maybe, just maybe are the cookies and milk moms, but the rest of us...the ones with jobs and more than one kid and the never ending chores that call us to pick up kids, get groceries, talk to bosses, send packages, (etc. etc. etc. as the King says) just have those days.
The situation (I was going to say problem, but that's not the right word) is that the days stack up and before we know it we haven't had time to write a letter or read a book. Been there...done that.
I have to confess that now that I'm past all the mothering stuff...well, in age, but not in mind...I thought I'd finally become someone that "has it all together." Wrong.
Wrong, because now that I have a moment to contemplate my navel I forget where my navel is. Ha.
This past week I had a appointment for my annual mammogram. This is always a fun activity, especially for those of us with something to gram. I made the appointment a couple of months ago and it was for a Saturday. Hmmmm. Saturday. I didn't know they were open on a Saturday. The appointed hour came and naturally being a Steinmetz, nee Joyner, I was a half hour early. The hospital was dark...Oh, well, I'm early. I'll just read my book till someone turns the lights on.
I read and I read and I read. Finally I looked at my watch. It was a half hour past the magic hour of my appointment. Everything was still dark. I went up to the sign-in door and read a big sign that said....closed on Saturday.
So, where in the heck was I supposed to be...certainly not where I was. I went home and decided I'd have to investigate on Monday. When Monday arrived I called and was told that mammograms were now done at Sarah Cannon (that's Minnie Pearl for non Nashvillians) Imaging center. SC is right next door to the hospital. And then the nice lady on the phone told me that I had gone to SC the year before for my mammogram. I felt left a dumb dora. After she said that I vaguely recalled going home last year and telling the husband that the new center was like a spa...dim lights, nice music...pleasant people...new imaging technology that made the whole experience not so bad. But until she told me of last year's visit...there was nothing up in the brain re. that experience. My brain is a sieve.
I'm telling you...the mind is a terrible thing to waste. It's a good thing I don't have to schlep kids to various and sundry appointments these days. Kids need us working on all cylindars. Hope Carla's next day was better.
Reading the Steinmetz blogs tells me that the Steinmetz family is busy as ever. Love to all from Mom, Mother in law and Grandma.
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
1 comment:
The next day *was* better. Usually I have it all planned out and plotted on a master calendar the events of the day. And usually it goes according to plan. But that day, what a mess!
Post a Comment