Can't believe February is almost over. Time flies when you are having fun. This past week we were having fun at my art class...laughing and hooting at various and sundry things. An old gentleman passed our door and asked "is this where the party is going on?" Of course, we all said yes. He asked us if we wanted a couple of jokes. Of course, we all said yes.
One of his jokes...an old one I'd heard before, but it bears repeating: A lady who had an unhappy marriage died and went to the GATE. St. Peter said she couldn't come in unless she could spell the word. "What's the word?" she asked. Love, said St. Pete. "L-O-V-E?" she said. Yep, you're in said "Pete. (Note how familiar I get with the saint as this story goes along.)
So, Pete says, "I'm going to lunch. You guard the gate."
A bit later the woman's husband arrives at the gate and after the hellos and what are you doing heres between the two, the husband said, "Let me in." The woman said, "You can't come in till you spell the word."
"What's the word," husband asked.
"Checkloslovackia." That's it. Of course, my gang on aspiring artists and I laughed our heads off.
What made the joke even funnier was the old gentleman telling the joke had an accent of undetermined origin...maybe yiddish or greek...or something. It was hilarious.
I feel better. I started to bemoan the fact that February is almost over. Why? I'm asking myself now. That means spring is almost here. My pansies of last fall are trying to bloom again. Some buds and flowers popping up. Daffs and flags are coming and I even see the leaves on the trees trying to bud. Ah...spring.
Karen had a birthday yesterday. She's such a busy gal that we never did get to speak with her. Work on a Saturday, she said. Perhaps today, we'll chat.
Glad to read the boys are getting along with practices, even though you guys had some chilly (for Florida) weather. Al made our reservations for our April visit. I even thought of buying a summer outfit for the trip. So...Good-by, February...March is coming in quickly.
Till next time....love to all my loyal readers.
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment