Today is Groundhog's Day. As per usual ol' Phil saw his shaddow, so 6 more weeks of winter. Today Nashville is basking in a warm 40ish day. Yesterday it was 60plus so I'm not quite sure about those 6 more weeks of winter. Poor Kentucky is still reeling from an ice storm of last week and there but for a few degrees...would have been Nashville.
We are happy for the Steelers...but it was a close one. The Cardinals put up a great fight and it could have gone either way. The Steelers say...Oh, we have a whole minute to play. That's enough to go down the field and get a touchdown. And they did.
If it couldn't have been our hometown team, the Titons, we were glad for our old hometown team...the Steelers. Karen and Bela called and reported Steelermania all over town. We had our own superbowl party when they were here last week...before the big game and Joan had us all decked out in steeler finery to urge the team to victory.
I'm feeling that it's time to get back on my proper diet as for two weeks all I've done is eat. Yuck.
News from John re: Jennifer's surgery. It went well but she's had a few heart flutters so they kept her a few extra days in the hospital. She's had flutters from time to time and does take a med for that. We are hoping the heart and the surgery aren't connected. John predicted that she'd probably be sent home today (Monday). I've yet to hear so hopefully sometime today we'll get the word that she'd resting at home in Maryland.
Joan's medical test last Monday was good. Colonoscopes aren't too bad in themselves, but the getting ready for them isn't necessarily the most fun. She doesn't have to go for another one for another ten years. Al's due for another one in the spring. His first one showed a few polops which the doctor took care of at that time. So, he has to get one every five years. I'm sure this is more information than you care to know...so skip this paragraph.
I'm sending along a few picture (maybe for the next Steinmetz family photo album) of the Pater's visit. As reported earlier, Isabel is a handful. I think Karen is having an easier time of it now that Bela isn't off to Chicago every week. They seem to like their house and even though all boxes haven't been unpacked yet. Ican't fault them on that as it seemed to me I was finding boxes not unpacked when we'd been in this house for several years.
RoseMary reports that cold weather prevails in Pa. She's getting cabin feaver. I know if I don't get out every day I feel locked in.
I think Dad has a judge show on. I hear yelling. Tonight we are going to church. We are having a celebration for our 1 year anniversary of the dedication . It seems like we've been in the new church forever. I love the church. It's not Bela's cup of tea. He's into the traditional gothic church. I think he'd like to bring back the Latin mass for everyone. NOT me.
I have nattered on long enough. Till next time. Ta. ta.
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
1 comment:
Yay Steelers! It was a great game, and I was on the edge of my seat until the end.
It's in the low 60s here today, but will be plunging down over the next few days. The warm clothing is certainly getting a good workout this winter.
Can't wait to see the photos of that little cutie Isabel. And glad to hear that Bela is staying in town full time now. I'm gonna get going and walk up to the bus stop to meet Anton and Chris now. Love ya!
Post a Comment