Hi, I almost forgot I had a blog. I've been busy this week...trying to get the yard in shape for spring/summer. Five bags of left-over leaves and twigs and cuttings collected and ready for the trashman tomorrow. We've been having iffy weather...somedays it's almost summer with 70degree days and others it's back to winter with winds and rain. I am soooooooo ready for Tennessee summer.
I read via Carla's blog that her brother Jon visited. How nice was that? As we get older and relatives get fewer, we have to keep in touch with the ones we have. Al and RoseMary talk at least 2 times a week. Jennifer and I talk about once a week. Today was one of our days. She is sounding much like her old self. She said she was going outside to "leaf". This is a chore for those of us with diciduous trees. Leaves come and leaves fall and must be picked up at some point. We commisserated with each other about that chore.
We've been in touch with our yardman. He says he's already cut some lawns but I refuse to pay to cut the grass before April. So, this week, we call him and set up a schedule for the summer.
One nice thing about the yard. Last fall I bought a lot of pansies from church and they bloomed nicely until winter hit. I thought they had all died, but they are coming back and they look lovely. What a nice surprise. I talked with a friend who knows more than I do about plants and he said they should bloom until the heat kills them. He said to enjoy them and toss them when they go. I asked if I could transplant them. He said I could, but they would still die when it got too hot.
Speaking of temps...My best temps are 65-75 and although I can tolerate higher and lower ones, those are the most comfortable for me.
The Quinns are gearing up for Maura's first communion. It's scheduled for the Sat. after Easter. Jennifer and John are heading off to MD Anderson at the beginning of April. Then, the Nashville Steinmetzes are coming to Florida to see Y'all. I'm getting anxious. Boys, get those bats going and make some good plays while we are there to see you.
Love to all. Ta, ta.
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment