Last Friday I met my friend Sally at the Mt. Juliet Library. She was taking down her pictures and I was putting up my pictures. After we completed this little job, I asked if she wanted to go for coffee. She said sure. She had to go to the Post Office and I had to visit my doctor to discuss an insurance issue. We agreed to meet at the McDonalds by Publix. There is a new McDonald at the Lebanon Road-Mt. Juliet intersection...so after my chore was finished I headed to McD's. I arrived before Sally and decided to get coffee and wait for her. Since you know how good I am with cars, every time I saw a car that remotely looked like Sal's, I thought "here she comes. I'm thinking how long does it date to buy a stamp. Where is that girl?"
After half an hour, I decide we've missed each other and head home. When I get there Al tells me that Sally had just called and she was waiting for me at the McD's in Hermitage. We finally connected via the phone and she said she forgot about the closer McDs as she never shopped at that Publix.
Later when we talked about it--face to face--we both laughed. She said if she'd sent me an e-mail or called on her cell, we might have been able to drink our coffee in the same MickeyDs.
I said, "let's not bet on that as we did talk face to face and still got our wires crossed....and no electricity was involved.
Communication in the age of computers, etc. is very difficult even when one is talking with another face to face. It was a silly moment.
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
1 comment:
LOL - That is a good one. And you can't blame it on a "senior moment".
Post a Comment