Sunday, December 27, 2009

Maura as Mary/xmas eve

I always said I wouldn't go to the Children's Christmas Eve Mass unless Maura got to be Mary because it's very hectic. However, this was the year she got to carry the Baby and put him in the manger. She was the "Theotokis" the God Bearer...Mary in the program. She looked sweet and did her job well. The Mass was beautiful...Father Pat Kibby had a great Children's homily...we are all called to be angels...and the best part...Mass was over at 5 p.m. and we got to go home for an early evening.

The Florida Steinmetzes were here. It was a lovely day. We waited for Joan and family to come to exchange gifts. The boys were unhappy with the delay, but "patience is a virtue" so they survived the wait.

I got to practice with my new camera. Carla (our photo expert) has given me some lessons on putting the pictures on the computer and I will practice when I am alone. I told Carla that I might need to call her for some updating, but for this moment, I do know how to do this thing.

Some of my art students are very good photographers and they tell me that once I learn this skill, I will be able to print photos for art projects. For now I'll just practice.

It's been a fun few days here in Music City. Bill, Carla and boys are off to visit Aunt Marilyn for New Years Eve. We have enjoyed having them with us. Saturday, after Christmas, we all went to the movies. We saw Sherlock Holmes and dad and I opted not to see the next film which Joan,Maura, and Florida Steinmetzes all saw...a prequel of the chipmunks...I think.

Got to go...till next time.

No comments: