This second day of 2010 we discovered upon looking out our windows that a few flakes of the cold fluffy stuff was falling...so we immediately went into our middle Tennessee madness mode. "Well, we'll have to go to Kroger and stock up on milk and bread." Also...remember when I worked for the state and on a perfectly good day someone in the office said we'll have to close up early because it's snowing in Clarksville" or my personal favorite..."there's a blizzard out there."
Ah, yes, we are crazy here in middle Tennessee...I can't speak to the snow in the highlands or storms in Memphis...but here in Nashville..one snowflake and we go nuts. I usually say if a flake falls in Memphis...we close schools in Nashville.
Well, today is Saturday and there is no school, but I predict that if we do get even a dusting of snow by midafternoon the entire town will be shut down.
The first snow in Nashville experienced by a transplant...anybody above the Mason-Dixon line...is something they long remember. Sort of like "what were you doing when Kennedy was shot or the world trade center fell.." we remember. Having spent years in western PA when snow was serious business, we get a little snooty in regard to the mania our neighbors show when there is anything more than a half inch on the ground. In fact less than that engenders some craziness.
So, in our superiority we say..."This is nothing. I remember when we had three feet of snow fall on Thanksgiving one year...yes, we didn't see the ground till April. Probably an exageration, but who is going to say it "ain't so?" We start to remember like our grandparents did...yes, Billy, we walked to school in two feet of snow (uphill--both ways).
Like I say, it's fun pretending.
So, for today or right now....it's a few flakes...not even as much as a snow globe shows...but who knows what the afternoon has in store for us. It's a prefect day to stay inside and read a book.
Till next time.....
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment