Hope all had a beautiful Easter. We had Mass at dawn at St. Stephen. It was cold, but lovely. Our helper priest, Father Theo, is from Africa. Al and I were debating as we left home at 5:30 just how cold it would have to be for him to decide to have Mass in doors. But he was a trooper and we had it on the soccer field behind the church. Lots of people attended. I thought many of the children weren't dressed warmly enough, but that "grandma" thinking. Maura Q was dressed warmly enough, but still needed my afgan to keep warm.
Next week Maura's first Communion. She's definitely geared up for it. I told her that yesterday was her last time to be a baby. After next week, she's a young lady and must act like one. She's getting there.
Soccer for Maura was last Saturday. First game. She's enrolled in the Nazorrean league. Her team is for first and second graders. They have 9 players...6 girls and 3 boys. Of course, her team, the Blues lost 5-1, but noone seemed upset by the defeat. Lots of running around and since most of her team had only practiced twice, it wasn't expected that they would win. They looked to be having lots of fun. Joan says it's an 8-game season. One practice a week and one game.
We went to Joan's for Easter lunch. I made a couple of dishes. Maura played her Piano Guild pieces for us. I was surprised at how well she played. She had to memorize 6 little pieces. She and her teacher have already had a practice run at the testing and she did well. I'm surprised at how much she memorized. She may have a talent for the piano. J says no fussing at practicing.
What would I write about without M? How bout the boys? Only a couple more week till we visit the Florida Steinmetzes. Can't wait.
Till next time....
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
2 comments:
So Joan is a soccer mom. :) Welcome to the club. I'm thrilled to hear that Maura is playing soccer - it's such a great sport! She'll be able to show off her skillz (yes, with a "z") to the boys when they visit.
Looking forward to seeing you and Dad next Thursday afternoon.
I'll be at the airport to pick you guys up.
Post a Comment