Today, we visited the Steinmetz blog and saw the slide show of early baseball for Florida boys...what fun they are all having. Questions???Just how many positions does J-L play? When did Chris become a catcher? And Anton! What an asset he is to his team. I (we) will find out the answers to these and many more questions when we visit at the end of the month. Can't wait.
For us, here in middle Tennessee. We have been having crazy weather. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and I planted lettuce and beans. Today and for three days coming we are freezing and will have to cover azalias and whatever else we want to save from Jack Frost. I'm hoping these are the last days of winter.
Also in the weather department...we had storm warnings and tornado warnings last night after the sun went down. Like I say....crazy.
Nothing else much is happening. I got a call from the gals at church who encourage prospective moms. I've been crocheting baby afgans for them for a couple of years. So...the order is in for 4 afgans for upcoming blessed events. I was beginning to feel that we weren't having any babies as they hadn't called me for quite a while. Seems, the person delegated to call me dropped the ball. So, once again...my evenings are busy with baby afgans and chemo hats. It's real easy to crochet while television is on as you only need half an eye to know what is going on in the media.
As to the terrible happenings around the country re: killings for no rhyme or reason...what is in the water?
No answer to that question from this quarter.
Oh, I'm reading a book on increasing brainpower. It's all in the vocabulary. The more words you know, they smarter your IQ according to my book. Trivia info....The average adult has a vocabulary of thirty to sixty thousand words. Highly literate people may have one hundred thousand words. The English language has well over one million words. No wonder English is hard to learn. A suggestion is that every day we learn a new word...find a word we don't know...look it up in the dictionary and use it at least 5 times and it is yours forever. And that's how we increase our smarts.
Who knew I was going to write a book report. Till next time
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment