After reading Carla's blog about fun and food and fast driving in Brazil, I laughed. I, too, wondered how the women stayed so thin...this time on the other side of the world...Italy...when the food and wine and Italian Ice were everywhere. I remember commenting "my first time in Rome" that there were more fat people on my plane than I saw in all of Rome. I guess it's a different lifestyle. I know Romans, both men and women, walk a lot more than we do. They walk to work, walk home for a small lunch, walk back to work, home after work...then eight or nine in the evening, they walk a couple of miles to have dinner. Then of course, walk home after the meal, maybe at 10p.m or so.
I don't know about walking in Brazil, but they do have beautiful people there. I'm sure Jean-Luc with his blond hair made a hit with the ladies. People always admire what is uncommon to them. Italians like the nordic ladies and people from Holland like the dark-eyed Latins.
It sounds like that part of the Steinmetz clan is having a great time. Take advantage of the opportunity, J-L. You'll probably be the only kid in your class who has traveled outside the U.S. this summer. Lucky boy.
We talked to Bill and the other boys yesterday. Skipe is working fine. Bill is doing his usual good job of being a dad.
Joan and family are off to Kentucky for a couple of days. Seems everyone is traveling both far and near.
Maura's last soccer game was Saturday. She actually kicked the ball a couple of times, but as I said before, I'm afraid she inherited her athletic ability from her Mom and me. She had a good time, however, and as Joan says, "If you had a good time, you won."
Time to go...till next time....all you travelers enjoy yourselves.
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment