I'm laughing, sort of...I've never been a fan of computers, technology, etc. etc.etc. but, I've been dragged into the 21st century by those in my family who are fans. In fact, if truth were known, I am not especially fond of the answering machine....a gift from our kids. And I've been told by friend and foe alike that once I got the hang of using the computer regularly I'd love it. Well, it is difficult for me to be a regular user.
In the first place, the man in my life...and you all know who that is...is the computer bug at our house. He checks and rechecks and deletes and deletes if necessary. I'm crocheting or painting and he sometimes calls me away from my chosen chore to tell me to read something or other that one of our kids has sent...look at those pictures of the kids from Florida...here's an e-mail from someone from church or any number of other important missives that he thinks I need to know immediately.
I'm pleased that he's taken this job on himself, as if left up to me, I'd not look at those e-mails, pictures, etc. for days and days. He keeps me connected to the wide world of cyperspace.
It's almost like having a private secretary. He throws away spam ads and stuff he knows I don't need or want to know. He prints out important stuff I do need to know. He tells me when I need to e-mail back to folks. What a gem! How lucky is this writer.
And all I have to do in return is wash laundry, make a few meals and listen to his latest golf game. A fair exchange, don't you think?
Now, in regard to family blogs...Bill, glad to know how much you accomplished while your wife and first born were seeing the world. J-L, glad to know you were a hit with the Brazillian ladies and that you had a good time. Anton, congratulations on making the all-star team...knock them dead, honey. Chris...hope your limp-leg is feeling better. Carla, it will be hard to get back to the old humdrum life, but as I always say...there is no bed better than your own bed. Glad you got home safely. Karen...looking forward to your travelogue of Europe. and I guess that's it for this time.
Bye for now...
Christmas Dinner
-
Dinner with the family, and also Anton and family. Christmas pup!! 🐶 Bill
was driving earlier in his Tesla with the Christmas theme. 🎅🤶
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment